Pasta….my weakness! Are you in the mood for a delicious and comforting bowl of cheesy goodness? My one pot lasagna soup is so easy to make but full of that classic Italian flavor that you love.
HOW TO MAKE LASAGNA SOUP
*Note: The full printable recipe card is below
In a large soup pot or Dutch oven sauté the onion and garlic over medium heat until onions are soft, about 4 minutes. Add ground turkey, breaking it up into small pieces. Cook until browned.
Add vegetable broth, water, marinara, sugar, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and lasagna noodles to pot. Stir until combined. Bring to boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Serve lasagna soup topped with ricotta/parmesan mixture, basil, parsley, and lots of mozzarella cheese.
Now devour! Yum.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow oniion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 jar Raos Marinara Sauce or your preferred pasta sauce
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 8 lasagna noodles, broken into 1-2 inch pieces
- pinch of salt
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- mozzerella cheese, shredded
- 1. Warm oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until soft. Add ground turkey until browned, breaking up as it cooks about 5 minutes.
- 2. Stir in broth, water, marinara sauce, oregano, thyme, sugar, red pepper flakes, salt and lasagna noodles. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- 3. In a medium bowl combine ricotta, parmesan and black pepper.
- 4. Serve with toppings. Garlic bread is always good on the side.