Blueberry Basil Crumble
Blueberry Basil Crumble–a delicious dessert or an easy breakfast. This crumble is full of flavor and sweetness. Considering the name of my blog…it was only fitting that my first recipe contain basil and blueberries. Together they are pure yumminess.
HOW TO MAKE BLUEBERRY BASIL CRUMBLE
*Note: The full printable recipe card is below
Preheat oven 375° degrees. To make filling…combine blueberries, basil, maple syrup, lemon juice, flour and salt in a medium size bowl and set aside.
In a separate bowl make topping by combining oats, flour, cinnamon, maple syrup and butter.
Lightly spray a 8×8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Add filling to dish and sprinkle with topping. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Enjoy!
By the way…leftovers are great too!
Blueberry Basil Crisp
- 1 pint blueberries
- 6 leaves basil
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- To make filling combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Make topping by combining dry ingredients together. Add butter and syrup. Mix until combined thoroughly.
- Lightly coat a 8×8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Add filling to the dish. Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly.